A second energy audit option for Provo Power customers is the Advanced Diagnostic Home Energy Audit, which provides more detailed information on your home's energy usage. For this option, a professional energy auditor will come to your home and perform the following tasks:
- All of the activities listed above for the walk-through site energy audit
- Infiltration and ex-filtration testing using Calibrated Blower Door (Air Barrier)
- Infrared Thermal Scan of the home's interior and exterior
- Duct leakage testing
- Inspection of heating and cooling systems (CAZ Inspection)
- Inspection for moisture and condensation issues
- Recommend repairs, improvements and upgrades
- Review of any applicable weatherization and rebate programs.
The fee for the Advanced Diagnostic Home Energy Audit is $30, billed on your Provo City utility bill. If you complete the recommendations from the energy auditor within 90 days and give proper notice to Provo City Power, the fee will be waived and credited back to you on your utility bill. The retail value of this audit is approximately $700.